Where have I been the last few weeks? Mired deep in the financially, emotionally and legally daunting chores of adulthood, all spurred by love.
- Searching for a place for Sean and I to move to in Portland, finding that place, loving that place, planning for that place, then promptly losing that place.
- Madly advertising my house for rent, then madly prepping my house for showings. Crash courses in landlord dealings such as applicant screenings, tenant handbooks, landlord responsibilities and the risks in putting myself way out there legally.
- Searching again for a place to live in Portland. Constant emailing homeowners and property managers, juggling showing schedules and cancellations in Portland when I live 90 miles away.
- Trying once again to sell my old car by the end of the month so that I can continue to comfortably pay for my new one.
- All while my pregnant sister could pop any day. Once we get that expectant phone call, my mom and I are dropping everything and hauling ass up to British Columbia for the birth of my nephew.
It’s straight up madness.
I’d like to take a moment and thank Google and all of its amazing services (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Maps, Search) that I could not live without during all of these processes. Also Craigslist. Organization maximization!
I’d also like to take a moment and direct you to the barf-inducingly adorable “Housing Wanted” ad I posted on Craigslist. I’ve had one good response from it, but have benefited from linking it in my introductory emails to potential landlords about how awesome we are. Because it’s true.